Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 13, 2010

Home address plaque


















Here is an address plaque that I made for our friend Diane.  My hubby did a lot of painting around her house this summer and since she moved into her house 20 years ago she's only ever had the pre-existing, adhesive, reflective numbers....the kind that some people have on their mailboxes.  I wanted to make her something special to go better with her spruced up house!  Plus...it gave me an excuse to purchase the Cindy Loo cartridge because I LOVE the font!!  lol 

I found this slate type plaque at J's in the clearance section.  It was a pale blue with a patriotic scene on it from the 4th of July.  I simply removed the twine rope that was used as the hanger and painted the entire plaque  with a tan color spray paint and purchased a new piece of leather strap to use as the new hanger.  Both the numbers and flourishes were cut from the Cindy Loo cartridge.  I love how it turned out and more importantly...Diane was very surprised and loved how it turned out! 

Thanks for looking!  Have a wonderful Monday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this home address plaque! I may have left you a message before about Papercraft Star with the wrong web address... it is actually

http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

The Cropping Canuck said...

This looks beautiful!

Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv this great job..
I'm giving Cricut cartridges away on my blog here.
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com/2010/08/get-excited-and-make-things.html
Maggie

2 Ducky said...

I keep telling myself I need to vinyl my mailbox. And I do! But now I want to add a plaque to my list of "need to make!" I am with you, I dig this font. Beautiful job! What a sweetheart you are. I am sure you touched her heart with this one.

Audrey Frelx said...

Melissa, great job on the plaque!!!

Crystal said...

I love this! I love the new look on the blog and the honestness of your post about the first week of school. I plan on getting involved in the PTO/PTA when C is in school too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...