Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cricut Board challenge for Autism Awarness month!

Cynthia posted a challenge over on the Cricut Board.  I've never participated in one of these challenges, but when I read on Joy's blog that it was for Autism Awarness Month...that was all I needed to know.  One of my dearest friends has a 16 year old son with autism and anything that I can do to help bring attention to him and what they go through on a daily basis is so very little to ask.  The challenge was to use a puzzle piece which is the symbol used to represent Autism.  I knew right away that I wanted to cut a card in the shape of a heart and use the main colors seen on the puzzle piece Autism ribbons for the front of my card.  I used the heart card cut from Wild Card and the puzzle pieces I cut from Don Juan.  I decided to leave the card blank so they could use it however they would like once they receive it.  I am honored to be part of this challenge. 

If you would like further information on the challenge or would like to participate please follow this link to the thread posted on the Cricut Board.  www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=6445745


Here is the card opened up to the inside

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Melissa, that is so awesome.. I wish I knew how you did that.. what a great thing to do.

Melissa said...

Thanks Sandy! It really wasn't difficult, just time consuming. I cut the card at I believe 6 inches and then I cut an extra card so I could cut it in half and have a heart base to adhere the puzzle pieces to. I cut the puzzle pieces at 1 and a 1/2 inches (5 of each color). I laid the puzzle pieces out to make sure I didn't have 2 of the same color next to each other and then just started to glue them together in lines of 4. Once I got 4 rows of 4 attached to each other I laid it over the top of the single heart and that helped me see where I was still going to need pieces in order to cover it and then I added the remaining pieces to those spots. Then I glued the block of puzzle pieces to the extra heart I cut, turned it over and trimmed around the puzzle pieces to match up with the outline of the heart. Simple as that! :-)

Brooke said...

Such a sweet card and what a great cause!!

The Cropping Canuck said...

I love this card! It was such a good idea to leave it blank so they have the option to use it in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...