Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 29, 2010

Terra cotta flower pot with thumb print bugs

I made two of these with my sons Kindergarten class.  His teacher thinks that they both went to the auction, but one of them will be going home with her at the end of the school year!  We included this pot with our auction basket and the best part about it is....I won the Italian basket from one of the 4th grade classes that included a hand written recipe book done by the students and the lady who won our basket has a daughter in that class.  She swapped me the flower pot for the recipe book so we both ended up with great prizes as well as the personalized item from our own children's classrooms!  I was so happy about that!  So this pot is now here at my home waiting for something beautiful to be planted in it! 

The kids had so much fun doing their thumb prints on the pot and were super excited to see what bug I had turned them into!  I simply used Sharpie markers to finish off the bugs and then covered the entire pot with a good coat of sealer to protect the paint and markers. 

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Monday!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Melissa, what a cute idea. Glad you were able to trade and get what you wanted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...