Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Make Me Melt


It's a tradition for us to stop in at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom to get our Mickey cones!  These photos are from a year and a half ago (I'm so far behind!)...it is amazing to look at the boys and see how much they've changed already!

I used Just Because Cards cartridge to cut the "You Make me Melt" title at 5 1/2" (real dial size).  The ice cream cone was cut from Designers Calendar at 5".  I used the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug folder to emboss the cone and I think it looks just like a real sugar cone!  White Liquid Applique was used on the scoop of ice cream.  I didn't even notice until after I took the pictures that I unitentionally got what I think looks like a hidden Mickey in my ice cream!  Towards the left hand side of the scoop at the bottom.  Does anybody else see it??  Looking for hidden Mickey's is one of mine and Parker's favorite things to do at the parks!  Oh who am I kidding....I look for them every day out in the real world too!  :)  The circles for Mickey's ears are from George and they were cut at 1 1/4".  The ribbon is from a blog candy package that I won from Really Reasonable Ribbon last month! 



I am entering this LO in the following challenges:  Sweet Tooth challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut and Wee Memories ribbon challenge .

Thanks for taking the time to look and for any "sweet" comments you might leave!  Don't forget to sign up for the two Cricut cartridge giveaways if you haven't already...they close tomorrow night and I will be picking winners Saturday morning!  Love Struck giveaway for 20,000+ followers and Cupcake Wrappers for 400+ (now 500+ should I do ANOTHER giveaway?  lol) followers ...and...if you haven't already been generous enough to stop over at Karel's blog to vote for my THOUGHTFUL FLAMINGO card entry I would really appreciate your support!  HOLY LINK filled post!  lol   Sorry about that...just a lot of business that needed to be taken care of.  Hope you have a terrific Thursday!  Friday is only a day away! 


16 comments:

Jen said...

Cute LO, Melissa! We love to hunt for hidden Mickeys, too.

the cricutologist said...

Great LO!!! This is sooooo fun! Love the isce cream scoop!

A Rup Life said...

Love the layout. The cone is a perfect match!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Melissa.. what a super cute layout. You are so funny. hugs

Unknown said...

This turned out SO cute :)

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Awesome layout! Love the ice cream cone. Now it's making me hungry for a Mickey ice cream bar. That's our tradition at Disneyland. Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Robin said...

That layout is sooo cute! I love all the embossing. I am a new follower, just found you today.Sounds like you share my enthusiasm for all things Disney :)
I am having 30 days of Disney on my blog if you would like to, come on over and check it out.
Thanks,
Robin

Tammy said...

What a great layout...love how you made the icecream cone.
smiles...Tammy

Misty Olsen said...

Hey Melissa,

Yeah I live 3 1/2 from Little Rock, AR Michael's :( We live in the COUNTRY!!!!! It is a 200 mile drive to Hobby Lobby :)

Cheryll said...

How cute is that!!!! I love the Mickey ears on the cone.

Jean said...

Love your layout and I am also a fan of that ice cream on Main Street. I do see the Hidden Mickey as well. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Jinny Newlin said...

Great embossed ice-cream cone! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

Kristii said...

Sooooo cute!!!

Kate said...

Great layout! What a super title. The cone looks fabulous with that embossing too!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

Helen said...

This is so adorable!! Love the Mickey ice cream. Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Leinad said...

Oh, I love it!! The texture on the ice cream cone is great! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...