Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Black cat pumpkin



Isn't this cute?  I am the furthest thing from a cat lover, but when I saw something similar sitting on a porch of a house I drove by a few weeks ago, I knew I had to try making my own version.  Super simple and makes a great outdoor decoration!  The whiskers are pipe cleaners, the ears are leaves hot glued on, obviously I used more of Kristen's blog candy googly eyes and the tail is branch from some type of evergreen tree with the needles removed!


Close up of the ear


Of course my head is working over time trying to come up with ideas for some other painted pumpkin animals!  I was thinking that a spider would be really cool that maybe you could use small mini pumpkins painted black for the legs and somehow put wire through them to attach to the body part.  Although....I think that would take quite a few mini pumpkins with eight legs and all! lol  Then I thought about a turkey!!!  You could make a turkey very easily with real feathers!  Or how about a snowman with the pumpkins all painted white!!!  It's not out of the question for us to have snow here in Michigan on Halloween!  I'm hoping it doesn't happen this year, but I have many memories of trick or treating growing up with my snowsuit covering my costume! 

My boys are loving this addition to our family even though his stay is going to be a limited one.  :)  Hope you all have a magical day!  

11 comments:

Samantha Hauzer said...

That is so cute!! I love it!

Cindy said...

**MEOW** How did you attach the 2 pumpkins?! That's really cute, btw! I would love to try that but everytime we put pumpkins out for fall... my dog thinks he has to attack them! lol

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

what an adorable idea!

The Cropping Canuck said...

Purr-fect!

Cindy said...

He's awful CUTE! Love how you did the ears, very cleaver.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how adorable it turned out...I hope you have a magical day also. It's so good to see you posting again, you were missed. hugs

Stacy said...

I have been trying to call you. Dont you ever stay home? I called you yesterday on your home and cell phone (8:00 my time)

Call me!

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Adorable..... so darn cute!

Jen said...

adorable!!

Minta's Creations said...

How Purr-fect! I Love it! Did you have a lot of fun painting them it looks like fun. such a fun idea!
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Rachelle Christensen said...

How darling--I'm a cat lover! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...