Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 25, 2011

Guest Designer for Karel's Birthday Bash!

Today is my first guest designer post over at Karel's Blog One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity!  In case you didn't know, Karel has been having a month long celebration for her 55th birthday!  I wanted to try my hand at something new to me and make her a birthday banner.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I hope she likes it!  I was able to get her banner and card into the mail on Tuesday which should make sure it reaches her house in time for her big day! 

The banner pieces were cut from the Country Life Cricut cartridge at 7”.  The patterned papers were all from DCWV Spring Glitter Stack and the solid pearlescent paper is by Colorbok.   The ribbon used to string the banner was organza ribbon by Offray.










 Karel’s trademark flamingos were cut at 4” from the Life’s a Beach cartridge


I am also entering this banner into Kristal's Getting Cricky ABC to Z challenge!  Crossing my fingers that I win the new Pack Your Bags Cricut cartridge!!! 

The card also has flamingo cuts from the Life’s a Beach cartridge, this time using the border feature.  They were cut at 4 1/2” from  Colorbok black cardstock and Colorbok pearlescent paper.  The background patterned paper is from the DCWV Fun in the Sun stack.  The green strip is not ribbon, even though it looks like it in the picture.  In the Colorbok stacks you will find the nice strips of paper with the hole cut in the middle where they hang the stacks of paper from.  I have started saving these after the 12X12 sheet of paper is removed to use as embellishments.  The circle cut is an embellishment from my stash and the “happy day” looking glass embellishment is by Making Memories. 






Don't forget about my first ever blog hop participation tomorrow!  I know...how could you forget as often as I've been reminding you?!?!  :)  I'm just a little excited!  Have a fabulous Friday and I hope to see you back here tomorrow! 







9 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Melissa how adorable is this.. U did a super job on it..I am fixing to leave in a few minutes to get on the plane.. Love your banner

LesleyfromWI said...

This turned out wonderful Melissa. I have yet to make a banner but really want to. I love the flamingos.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Of course she's going to love it! What a fantastic job you did! Great colors and fabulous design!

Summer said...

I am so happy to be on a DT with you! Your banner and card are so perfect for Karel! TFS

Gloria said...

Cute card and totally LOVE that banner!!!
I would like to ask you something could you please email me? Disneynut4life22@yahoo.com

Jen said...

Great banner & card, Melissa! Karel is going to love it! I've left something for you over on my blog.

~ Jen
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Nice banner and card! Karel will love it!! Have a happy hop tomorrow!! I will stop by.
:)Patti

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa--how sweet of you! I know she will LOVE it--anyone would!
Thank you so much for playing Getting Cricky's challenge for Pack Your Bags cart!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew

Card Creations by C said...

Awe this is so cute! I love it.

I was wondering if you would like to be the next Guest Designer for my So Saturday Challenges.

If so your project would need to be a tri fold or z fold card and would need to be emailed to me by March 10th (thurs by 5pm EST) to be posted on the 12th.

Please email me at ccbycdesignteam@gmail.com and let me know as soon as possible.

Hugs,
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...