Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 2, 2011

I will not be sorry for the feelings of joy I felt last night!

I saw this on Dayami's blog earlier today and I loved it so I'm sharing it here with all of you. 

Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist the world to keep...with all my heart I give my thanks...to those in uniform regardless of ranks...you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell...so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust....Amen.

*******

I changed up my playlist so the song Golden Dream was at the top.  For those of you who are not familiar with The American Adventure in the World Showcase at Epcot in Walt Disney World....  this show touches my heart each and every time I see it.  I always end up in tears even though I know what I am going to see and how it is going to end, yet I go back again and again and again and will continue to.  You will hear actual, real life sound takes from various pieces of our history within this song.  This song is played at the end of the show where they do a photo montage which includes images from 9/11. 

Did you hear the story of the baseball fans last night cheering when they heard about the death of Bin Laden?  It was a game against the New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies (2 of the states that were included in the devistation of 9/11).  Cheering and chants of "USA" erupted in the 9th inning with the game tied at 1.  911 = 9/11.  I found that to be pretty profound. 

Thank you to our soldiers who keep us safe and to their families who sacrifice so much to make it happen.  May the events of yesterday bring closure and hopefully some peace to the families who lost loved ones during that horrible day in our country's history.  May you truly rest in peace now Brock. 

Brock Safronoff 

3 comments:

Cheryl O said...

Your song is beautiful, as well as the young man whose memory you are honoring. May we all find some peace knowing this killer has been found.

Thank God our President did not give up the hunt, God bless the men who risked their lives to be able to successfully complete the mission; and for all those whose lives were lost over the years to terrorists, may they rest in peace.

Chriss America Real said...

Oh you are making me cry! I will not feel bad about his death either, he has the blood of over 3,000 men & women who died in the towers, the pentagon and on the plane on 911 and another 3,000 that have died fighting in the wars, not to mention the many that have been wounded. I feel like I can sleep better tonight knowing his evil is gone from the world! Thank you for this song! Let Freedom Ring! Christine America Real
america57@comcast.net

Nati Tristan said...

Thank you God for such an amazing accomplishment! Thank you to the wonderful soldiers and may God bless them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...