Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 26, 2011

MPS NSD Challenge #8 Summer Theme


Phew!  I completed ALL 12 of the challenges for the My Pink Stamper National Scrapbooking Day Celebration!!!!  I didn't go in order since I didn't get to start on time with the others.  I might not have started on time, but I  FINISHED them all and got them posted before the deadline last Monday (5/9/11).

This challenge was Summer Theme and what says "summer" more than making S'mores?!?!  I had a particular friend in mind when I made this card.  Wonder if she will see this and know I'm talking about her?  I am so in love with the Campin' Critters Cricut cartridge!!!!  When I first got it and looked through the handbook I knew I was going to cut this cute little porcupine and that I had the perfect sentiment stamp to go along with it!  (I just love saying the word "porcupine". With heavy accent on the "u" a little shout out to the Disney movie Chicken Little...   "Porcupine"  hee hee) 


The porcupine (hee hee) was cut at 4" from the Campin' Critters Cricut cartridge.  The fire and logs were cut at 2 3/4" from Campin' Critters as well.  I used some Dew Drops metallic ink on the spiky edges of the porcupine.  The stamped sentiment is Pink by Design.  I used an orange Martha Stewart glitter marker on the flame and white liquid applique on the marshmallow and hit it with my heat gun.  Doesn't the marshmallow look cool!?!?!  Almost good enough to eat don't you think? 


Well that might have been the last project I completed for the challenges, but since I'm posting them in numerical order for all of you...there are still 4 more to come so stay tuned!  

9 comments:

Heide said...

The marshmallow is super! Really cute card.

Sherrie K. said...

Oh boy, is this cute!!! Love the marshmellow does look real enough to eat:)
Gotta post my comment as Anonymous..blogger issues, sorry!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kari T! said...

The marshmellow is AWESOME!!!!!!
As always, super job Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami B. said...

I'm with everybody else-that marshmallow is so cool. Can you tell me what liquid applique is? I really like the look of it.

Kaye said...

Who doesn't love some s'mores!!!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute!

carolakriboo said...

I love what you did with the marshmellow, it looks so real. Like TamiB I would like to know what liquid applique is.I want to scraplift that cute marshmellow.Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Very cute card! I really like your little critter too. I don't have this cartridge,but may have to look into getting it.

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Hi Melissa, I love the marshmallow. Great Idea! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...