Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thank you Jamie!!!

Last fall Jamie from Bits of Paper - Designs by Jamie Lane and I discovered that we lived very near to each other when I won the Scrap 'n Tote that she was giving away on her blog.  Rather than spending the money to ship it to me we decided to meet up so she could give it to me.  We were both planning on being at an area JoAnn's one day so that was the determined meeting spot!  Although we didn't get to spend much time together that day it was a very pleasant experience and I could tell right away she was my kind of gal!  We've been trying many times since then to get our schedules to gel so we could get back together.  Jamie is heading the the Mega Meet today and oh how I wish my schedule would have been clear so I could have went with her!!!  I haven't been out to Novi for that in years and I really miss going.  I sure hope she has fun, but I'm sure we would have had more fun if we could have been there together! 

So yesterday I had an hour and a half of free time so I FINALLY made it over to Jamie's house!  Jamie and I have a lot in common and a very similar sense of humor which I love!  BUT...I did find one thing that we differ on....HER SCRAPPING SPACE IS IMMACULATE!!!!!  I was in awe of her space and organization!  WOW!  I want to live in her house!  lol  I told her that yesterday and she said we would have to get a bigger space!  lol  Seriously...walking into her craft room was like walking into an Archiver's!!!!!!! 

I so wish I would have been able to stay longer than I did, but I had to get back to the school to pick up my darn kids (guess that's part of being a responsible adult)!!!  Speaking of kids....Jamie's son  is even cuter in person than he is in all of the pictures of him on her blog.  I told him that yesterday and he said "thanks".  LOL  So stinkin' cute!  He reminds me of my Tanner and I'm not sure that's such a good thing!  We could have trouble if we got these two together! 

So......  Look at all the goodies that Jamie had waiting for me to take home!!!  She is working for Momenta now and has shared some of their awesome goodies for me to give them a try.  Just look at everything she gave me!  WOW!  Thank you sooooo much Jamie!









She also received a box of Mother's Day flowers from ProvoCraft that just so happen to come with an attached coupon for a free 3 month subscription the the Cricut Circle and guess who she shared one of her flowers with??????  YES!!!  *squeal* ME!!!   Look!!!  


I was seriously in shock all the way back to the school as I would glance over at the passengers seat and see all of those goodies sitting there.  So super sweet of Jamie to share her good fortune with me.  Hopefully one day next week our schedules are going to mesh so that she can show me some of her hidden treasure shopping spots!  She had this adorable 3D clear framed art piece of her daughter and then told me she found the frame at a local dollar store!  WHAT?  I need to go there!  ...and hopefully on Monday we will be! 

Jamie, seriously...I cannot thank you enough!  Thanks for being so persistent with me.  I really need to start making more time for myself so I can do things like this.  I really enjoyed our time and conversation even though it was much shorter than I would have liked.  Looking forward to seeing you next week!  Thanks again and I hope you have a blast at the Mega Meet today!  Maybe some of our lucky Michigan Cricut Board friends or blog followers will be lucky enough to cross paths with you and get a Cricut Circle flower of their own!!!  If anybody is headed that way today be sure to stay on the lookout for Jamie! 




11 comments:

Crystal said...

Ok that is it, we can no longer be blogging friends. I am so JEALOUS that you got to me Jamie! WHINE WHINE WHINE! NO FAIR! I love that girl!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

It sounds like you had alot of fun. I am also a stay at home wife. My kids have flown the nest for 2 years now for college and I have all the time in the world for me, but not fun doing it alone. I do pamper myself at times, but most of my time is cleaning and organizing, since I am a little obsessive compulsive. LOL. I sent you an email but have not heard from you. Have fun with all of the goodies you received.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Nati Tristan said...

I'm jealous too!!!! How awesome! I love jaime

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well I am not even going to say... you are the "luckiest lady" I know... lol.. So happy you had such an awesome time with Jamie and so so happy for all the goodies you got. hugs

Turnedgypsy said...

wow you have a sweet friend there....hey if you get a chance head over to arrows sewing cabinet facebook page...tell them chris sent you there...every 500 new fans they are giving aways tables...etc...

hugs Chris

Glora said...

What a sweetheart! Have fun with your goodies and have a blast with your 3 months on the Cricut Circle. WOOT WOOT!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I left a little something for you on my blog... hugs

Aim said...

What an AWESOME haul you came home with, Melissa!! What a great surprise for you -- I can't wait to see what you create!! :)

When you have a chance, would you mind emailing me? Thanks!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

4kids4 said...

Oh, how wonderful!! So fun to meet up with a fellow blogger/crafter...and how kind of her to share those goodies!! Have fun with them!!

~Sharon C.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Congrats Melissa! You deserve it. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs.

thekolbes said...

Well now I just think your a spoiled brat!.....LOL.......just kidding you are a kind person and get what you deserve. Sounds like a wonderful friendship in the making. Have fun with all your goodies
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...