Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 22, 2011

MPS NSD Challenge #5 Add a 3D item

Hey guys!  Sorry I fell behind on posting my Pink Stamper challenges!  I have had the pics taken and uploaded, but haven't had the time to get the actual posts compiled.  I didn't want to post this one too quick anyways since I was sending it to my SIL Tami.  I wanted to make sure she got it before I showed it off here.  Isn't he just bee-utiful!?!  



The bee was cut at 5" from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge.  I put him on an Action Wobble and used buttons under his googly eyes to give them even more dimension.  The nose is a Jolees All that Blings embellishment.  I used glitter cardstock for his wings and then inked them up a bit.  The stamped sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.  The ribbon is crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot.  I fell in love with this printed cardstock when I found it.  I thought it looked like honeycombs and that it would be good for Winnie the Pooh cards and/or layouts, it is from Recollections.  The crotched flower and gingham brad are from my stash.  I received a small set of hand made crocheted flowers last year sometime from someone that sent me blog candy.  I sure wish I could remember who it was because they are so nice!!  I used to crochet many, many, many moons ago....maybe I should try to pick it up again and make some flowers.  

We have had a VERY busy weekend!  Yesterday we left our house at 8:15 AM and other than two quick, 5 minute stops by the house to let the dog out we were gone all day until about 10 PM!  Lets just say that when our heads hit the pillows we were out!  We had a baseball game, went and saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides movie out at the Henry Ford IMAX theater in 3D (it was AWESOME!!!) and then over to my friend Kaye's for dinner.  She made some awesome chicken on the charcoal grill with some green beans, fresh garden salad and brown rice.  It was sooooooo good!  It just felt so nice to kick back with friends in the beautiful summer weather and listen to the kids playing in the yard.  Life is good. 

We had another baseball game this morning and then had some fun at the park with our dog Max. The game just happened to be at our favorite park today where we normally take Max, so he got to go with us.  Just as we were getting ready to leave, his girlfriend Darcy (yes...our dog is a player) showed up so we had to stay and let them run and play together.  That was fine though because the weather has been absolutely amazing!   Mother Nature certainly got it right this weekend!   We also got some clothes shopping in for the boys.  They both needed some good dress clothes for some important events coming up.  We've had a few hours here at the house late this afternoon to get some things done that couldn't be put off any longer. 

We are in the home stretch for the school year.  3 weeks left.  Last week I finished my last popcorn popping duties for the year and this week wraps up bagel sales for the year!  I love being able to scratch duties off my list!  Chess Club also concludes this week which will lighten up the load as well.  I love all of the fun events and being able to be around the school with my boys, but by the end of the year I am so grateful to have some down time and have our schedule lighten up.  Looking forward to not having to rush in the morning...every morning to be out the door.  Roll on June 11th!!!

15 comments:

Sheena said...

Super Cute!

thekolbes said...

WOW you are a busy girl. Your boys go to school alot later then mine. My son is done Tuesday and he is so excited. I am not sure I am as he has had quite the attitude this weekend....L......your card is lovely as always
Trish

inspiredwon said...

Very Cute Card!! You sound very busy!! Your bbq sounded nice though!! I'm looking forward to some of that this weekend coming up!! Thanks for sharing with us!!
Amanda

Tami B. said...

Your bee is super cute and I'm glad to hear "Pirates" is good, (been waiting for someone to give a report on it & you're the first.)

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Adorable card! Love the googly eyes. They are perfect. And love how you used black thread on the card. Is it easy to sew on paper with a just a regular sewing machine? The sewing really makes the cards pop. I might have to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Heide said...

Your bee is just so super duper cute!

Welcome to my world this month!
I just finished with work on Fri, So looking forward to kids being out of school. The last few weekend we have had to divide and concur, due to sporting events.
You guys get out of school a week earlier that we do, not fair!!! LOL.

Lisa said...

This card is so "bee-utiful"! (Ugh, corny, I know!) It is just adorable and I love the googly eyes. Thank so much for sharing :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I think it's very cute!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Melissa this card is just way way to cute. It sounds like you are feeling better. So glad to hear you are... but hope you aren't overdoing it (and it sounds like you are).. hugs my friend

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card!! I love the google eyes:)TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE the music you have playing on your blog! Normally I don't like to listen to everyones music but I LOVE Disney Music! Thanks for that! And your card is adorable! :O)
Theresa

Kaye said...

I LURVE that card~~~~the honey-comb-looking paper and that cute bee???

I feel like every week I'm saying the same thing but I think every week you continue to out-due yourself!!! Unbelievable.

Seriously, NICE job!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

He's so cute!!!

carolakriboo said...

Love your critter card.It`s super cute!Create a critter is still on my wish list.Perhaps you `ll find the flowers at creativecharms.com.Thanks for sharing.

Nati Tristan said...

That is definitely adorable! I might need to check out that cartridge a lot more than I thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...